I’ve just been tagged with a blog meme by Justin from his temporary home on blogspot. It’s a simple enough premise… list seven things of which you are in favour. And no tricksy inverting of negatives… no “I’m in favour of George Bush being [insert something nasty]”… after all, that’s just a way of saying what you’re against. This meme’s a sort of “let’s get those positivie vibes flowing in 2008” kind of thing. If I didn’t already know better, I’d have suspected that it was designed by a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (that’ll be funny to about three people, to the rest of you; “sorry”).
So yeah, in no particular order, here’s seven positives about the world in which I find myself today. I am in favour of…
- My course. I’m digging it.
- The Wire. Best thing on TV right now. Maybe ever. Though the jury’s out on that.
- West Cork. Just generally.
- Hot showers. When I think of things I’d miss most in a world gripped by an energy crisis, long hot showers rank high on the list.
- Dolphins. I’m very much in favour of dolphins.
- Smoking a little pot and watching a Marx Brothers film. Laughing ’til you cry is a good idea now and then.
- Kindness, compassion and basic decency. Sorry to go all hippy here on you at the end, but what can you do?